What are our values and aims?
At Osborne Primary School we believe that every child is unique and should be valued as an individual. Some of our children may need more support to access school life and there are a number of ways that we try to achieve this. As we are proud members of The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership, we share our ethos and values within the Trust. More information can be found at Purpose and Vision – The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership (atlp.org.uk)
Our school information report aims to support parents in understanding how we meet the needs of our children with
SEND. This forms part of Birmingham’s local offer which can be found at https://www.localofferbirmingham.co.uk/
Our school special needs co-ordinator is Ms Stephanie Field. Her role is to oversee all provision for our children with additional needs.
She can be contacted via the school office:
Parents of children with SEND may find the following additional services helpful:
- Birmingham Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Services (SENDIASS) 0121 303 5004
- Parent Link Service 0121 303 8461 – Parentlinkservice@birmingham.gov.uk
- Autism West Midlands 0121 450 7582
- Bereavement Counselling – Winston’s Trust 0845 2030405
- Children’s Advice & Support Service (CASS – Safeguarding) 0121 308 1888
- Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service 0121 465 5400
- Educational Psychology Service 0121 303 1792
- Edward’s Trust 0121 456 4838
- Barnardo’s 0208 550 8822
Transition meetings happen on an annual basis with all pupils on the SEN register and those coming up from a Nursery provider. Transition forms are completed by parents, pupils and the school. Additional visits are arranged at receiver secondary schools for pupils with SEND. The transfer of pupil information happens at every stage of transition to support pupils in their next phase of learning.
For more information regarding the SEND provision at Osborne Primary School, please contact Ms Stephanie Field (SENDCo) or Mrs Lorraine Adolphe (Deputy Head Teacher in charge of Inclusion) on 0121 4643346.
For further information about SEND services available in Birmingham please follow the link below which will take you to Birmingham’s local offer.
Birmingham’s Local Offer: